Raksha Bandhan means the bond of protection, a festival that celebrates the bond between brothers and sisters. It is a festival of connectivity, commitment, and assurance. The brother assures his sisters that he will always be there to protect her while the sisters pray for the safety and well-being of the brother. These days it’s a trend to celebrate Raksha Bandhan in creative ways. From getting unique thali decoration ideas for rakhi to Raksha Bandhan threads, girls are excited about every part of Raksha Bandhan.
If you are also bored of the same rakhi plate decoration every year, you need unique ideas for thali decoration for rakhi.
So, let’s go through the below given some unique and creative thali decoration ideas for rakhi that you’d love to try.
What Are The Key Elements Of Raksha Bandhan Thali?
You can decorate a thali with materials that are easily available at home. Your first need to choose which plate you’d go with- steel, brass, silver, or any other.
After choosing the thali, get the things to put on it readily.
- Rakhi Threads
- Incense stick and stand
- Sandalwood paste
Now that you’ve got all the things ready let’s start with your Raksha Bandhan thali decoration at home. Here are five ways to decorate rakhi that will give it a creative look.
5 Unique Thali Decoration Ideas For Rakhi
1] Traditional Thali Decoration
This is the easiest rakhi thali decoration ideas among all on the list. It is auspicious to use silver or brass plates according to the beliefs. This also gives it a traditional vibe, to begin with.
How to prepare a traditional rakhi thali at home?
- Take the brass or silver plate, and using roli and turmeric paste, draw “Swastik” or “OM” in the middle of the plate.
- Let it dry, followed by a flower garland along the edge of the plate.
- Place the Diya, sweets, rakhi, water, akshat, etc., on the plate at your convenience.
- Now, your traditional thali is ready for the celebration.
2] Quill Thali Decoration
If the traditional approach is not your thing and you want to try something different, here’s a DIY you can opt for. All you need is quilling papers and a plate.
How to decorate a Quill Rakhi Thali at home?
- Take as many stripes of quilling paper as you want and quill them in different shapes and sizes.
- Paste them on the plate you chose. You can paste them in any shape that you’d like to give- flower, peacock, butterfly, etc. quilled paper gives it a 3D look.
- Make small bowls with paper using the quilling method and stick them on the plate. You can use them to keep chawal, sweets, etc.
- Finish it with sequins, if available, for a better looking.
Caution: Paper catches fire easily, so be careful while lighting Diya.
3] Floral Thali Decoration
Flowers spread their fragrance and, with their vibrant colours, can make your thali look colourful and beautiful at the same time.
How to make:
- Choose two or more of your favourite flowers, or you can use Marigolds and Rose petals.
- Remove the stems of the flowers and arrange them on the plate.
- You can even stick the rose petals to the plate, so it stays in place.
- Now place the Diya in the middle along with some sweets and other thali ingredients.
- Finish it by putting rakhi in the corners of the thali along the curve.
4] Mirror Thali Decoration
This is another DIY that is a bit hard but beautiful for thali decoration ideas for rakhi.
How to prepare a mirror thali for Raksha Bandhan?
- Paste a mirror that is of the same size as the plate. Hide the raw edges of the mirror by sticking colourful thread.
- Use pearl beads or other decorative/ craft items to give it a beautiful look.
- Put the things along with rakhi on the plate, and it’s ready to use.
Caution: Be careful with Diya in the mirror. It is better not to involve kids while preparing.
5] Dry fruits Thali Decoration
This is the best rakhi plate decoration for those who love eating. Dry fruits are a good immunity booster. Here’s how to make this plate full of nutrition.
How to decorate dry fruits rakhi plates?
- Take any 4-5 dry fruits: almonds, raisins, cashews, dates, pistachios, etc., and place them on the plates covering them fully with them.
- Remove a few of them from the middle to put Diya
- Place rakhi to give it a finishing touch.
Other than these, you can use jute, disposable spoon, pistachio shells, and paintings for creative thali decor. Thali decoration ideas for rakhi are fun and keep the kids engaged while adults can do the rest of the household work. This can also be given as school project work. It is going to give an exciting and enjoyable experience to every brother and sister this Raksha Bandhan.